COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS) TESTING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Does Step-In Clinics offer COVID-19 (Coronavirus) testing?
Yes, we offer the PCR, Antigen (Rapid Results Test), and the Antibody screening test. The PCR and Antigen tests are available via curbside, so you do not have to come inside for the test. The PCR and Antigen tests are both conducted by using a nasal or oral swab to reveal if the virus is present at the time of testing. The Antigen Rapid Test takes 15 minutes for the results to come back. The PCR test is sent to our offsite trusted and reliable lab partner and takes 2-4 business days before the results come back. The Antibody screening test is performed by collecting a blood draw in house to determine if you have ever been exposed to the virus in the past. The Antibody screening test does not test for a current COVID-19 infection.
2. What is the difference between the three types of tests offered?
For more information on the different types of tests available at this location, please click here.
3. Do I have to make an appointment for testing?
Appointments are required for all COVID-19 testing. If you are a new patient, please fill out the new patient forms. If you are a returning patient, please fill out the returning patient forms. Once forms are completed, please call the clinic to set up an appointment at 832-930-8399
4. How much are the tests? What forms of insurance are accepted?
Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Testing
- For insured patients, rapid testing is $60.00. Th evaluation/visit is billed to insurance.
- For uninsured patients, rapid testing is $60.00 (eligible for refund through the uninsured program) *Please call for details*
PCR & Antibody Lab Testing
- For insured patients, copays & deductibles may vary with insurance.
- For uninsured patients, there is a $150.00 testing fee for the PCR Lab Test and the Antibody Lab Test.